Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Summer Festivals! YAY

Hey hey!!

Hope everyone had a grrreat Christmas and New Year! We've just returned from the holiday break and are now hard at work once again.

So, Summer festivals are finally starting and I cannot wait to go! I'm heading to Midsumma this Sunday the 16th Jan. For those of you who don't know, it's a gay/lesbian festival held at Birrarung Marr Park which is just next to Fed square in Melbourne's CBD. There's music If it's raining on Sunday, I may just cry.

I'm also currently looking for tickets on ebay for Big Day Out. Unfortunately, tickets sold out within the hour so I missed out along with lots of others. It's quite literally breaking my heart because they have an amazing line-up this year... Angus & Julia Stone - two of my absolute FAVOURITE artists... Also M.I.A, Sia, Washington, Crystal Castles, Woflmother and lotssss more.

There are so many awesome new artists releasing killer albums and it makes me warm and fuzzy inside that a lot of my recent favourites are Australian. :) My favourite album by an Australian artist at the moment would have to be Down the Way by Angus & Julia Stone. Love their chilled sound, lots of soothing acoustic guitar and soft tones. I'm deeply in love with them.

Anyway, I will be keeping you updated on upcoming festivals. Lots happening this Summer, very exciting.

Hope the rest of your week is eventful and that you have a great weekend!

- Dora

No comments:

Post a Comment